Easy installation and operation
Komandor’s ONYX aluminum sliding door line was the third aluminum bi-pass sliding door system offered by Komandor. Like the AGAT and Lazuryt door lines, ONYX systems may be set-up on single, double or triple tracks with single door configurations typically being used for barn door applications where the door slides along a wall and double and triple door configurations typically being used in closet door openings. The ONYX system’s frame and track components are made from high precision extruded aluminum, typically with an anodized finish but there are paint and laminate finishes available.
The face of the ONYX aluminum door frame measures 32mm (about 1 1/4”). This profile has a similar shape to the AGAT profile but has a wider, gentler groove for the finger pull and the edges are not rounded but square. The shape is identical on the front and back of the ONYX profile. The wide finger pull make it comfortable to slide the doors open and closed. Another benefit with a wider shaped profile is that you are less likely to get fingerprints on inserts such as glass and mirror. This frame also accommodates just about every insert material that we offer, choose from laminated panel inserts (some that match the frame color) or go with mirror, back painted glass, frosted glass, Decorativo images or any number of other inserts that we offer. You may also decide to combine different materials (for example glass and panel) in the same door. ONYX aluminum framed doors also have the option to use a bendable joiner rail to create curved inserts. You may specify the exact proportions of the sections of your door for a more personalized finished product, make them all equal or different heights. Decorative divider trims are another option and can be applied to an insert to give the appearance that the door has multiple sections or lites. The design possibilities for this system are limited only to your imagination.
The ONYX line of doors also completely hides the roller hardware within the frame of the door and the fastening of the roller hardware to the door frames is invisible. This gives the door a finished look on the front and back side of the door which means it can be used as a room divider or partition.
ONYX System features:
- Bi-pass sliding operation, barn door operation
- Aluminum frames, top and bottom tracks
- Typical applications: Closet doors, room partitions, room dividers
- Optional lock, soft close mechanism, tubular handle, flush-mount concealable bottom tracks bendable joiner rails
- Single, double and triple track configurations
- 3 frame colors to choose from (some are special order)
- Invisible frame gasket gives a more elegant finish
- Custom, made to measure to the nearest millimeter on the height and width of your opening
- High quality, patented, anti-jump, self-lubricating bottom roll hardware system quiet and smooth sliding operation
- Maximum door height is 2750mm (108 1/4”)
- Maximum width for a single door generally is 1500mm (59”)
- Minimum width for a single door generally is 400mm (15 ¾”)
- Maximum width of opening for single length of track 5000mm (196 ¾”)