- Floor Based
Komandor’s various closet systems are designed to suit your needs
Komandor floor based closet organizer systems rest the weight of the unit on the floor of your closet. A floor based system can be designed with a simple contemporary look or can have a traditional aesthetic with the addition of fluted moldings, crown moldings and cabinet doors. Komandor custom floor based systems are designed to your closet’s exact measurements and each closet section can be virtually any height, width or depth you choose. Backing, drawers, chrome baskets, laundry hampers, lighting and other accessories may also be added to give your closet a more personalized look.
Floor based systems require a higher degree of installation skill to professionally install as walls, floors and ceilings are not always perfectly level and straight. Additionally, floor based systems may require existing baseboards to be removed or cabinets notched in the back achieve a proper installation fit. Floor based systems can be more expensive than other systems as they use more material to construct and require more time to install, however they do provide a true custom built-in aesthetic that cannot be achieved otherwise.
- All structural components (gables, shelves, drawer boxes) are made of 18 or 19mm (3/4”) thick laminate panel
- Panels typically have an embossed woodgrain textured finish
- Krono and Egger panels offer 2mm thick edgebanding for maximum durability
- Steven’s and Grupo Alvic offer 1mm thick edgebanding
- Closet sections are designed and manufactured to your exact specification to the nearest millimeter on the height, width and depth
- Hanging sections can be single, ¾, double or triple hang, adjustable and removable rods are also possible
- Shelving sections typically have fully adjustable shelves
- Closet rods are 25mm (1”) diameter chrome plated rods with matching flanges
- Drawers can be any width (up to 24”) or depth (up to 14”) and we offer 7 standard heights
- Drawers have full extension slides as standard, undermount, soft-close as an upgrade
- Sections are fully customizeable. You can have drawer and shelving combinations, hanging and shelving combinations, hanging and drawer combinations
- There are many upgrades available, from handles to accessories such as belt racks, tie racks, valet rods, chrome wire baskets etc.